The activity includes :
* An exhaustive visit of the winery (provencal bastide, cellars, vat house et vineyard depending on the weather)
* A commented tasting of 5 wines (La bègue Rosé 2014, L'Irréductible Rosé 2014, Domaine de la Bégude red 2014, La Brulade red 2013 and one white)
* A lunch at the winery (starter, main course, cheese or dessert, 1 glass of wine and coffee)
The winery domaine de la Bégude produces red, rosé and white wines from the Bandol wine appellation, one of the eldest French wine appellations. The vineyard is located 400 meters high above the sea level. From that place, you have an outstanding point of view on the bay of La Ciotat and on the Mediterranean sea. The sea breeze has an impact on our vineyard.
In this one thousand years historical place, in between sea and mountains, the Tari family, owner of the Château Giscours in Margaux, makes its wines mainly from the local king grape variety "Mourvèdre".
The ageing barrel cellars of La Bégude is actually the former 7th century chapel of the Conil lordship, a village that no longer exists but was mentioned in 966 in the Saint Victor abbey. This place was a very visited location by the pilgrims in the Middle Age.
Come and have a break a few hours in the countryside, to taste our wines and a cooking made of extra fresh and seasonal food. The menu will be made by our Chef depending on her mood and the products she will have bought.
The visit will start at 11AM (tour in the provencal bastide, the barrel ageing cellars, the vat house, the bell tower and the vineyard), followed by a tasting of 5 wines and a lunch in the shade of the pines (starter, main course, cheese or dessert, one glass of wine and one coffee).
Meal : Discovery day of Bandol
Domaine de la Bégude, Le Camp du Castellet, Provence
From 2 to 6
- Languages spoken : English, French
- Payment methods : Credit card, Cash
- Le cadet de la Bégude2018 - Red wine14€More infosAppellation : IGP MediterraneeGrape varieties : Cinsaut, Grenache noir, MourvèdreStyle : Rouge bioAppellation : IGP MediterraneeGrape varieties : Cinsaut, Grenache noir, MourvèdreStyle : Rouge biook
- Domaine de la Bégude2016 - Red wine30€More infosAppellation : BandolGrape varieties : Grenache noir, MourvèdreStyle : Rouge bioAppellation : BandolGrape varieties : Grenache noir, MourvèdreStyle : Rouge biook
- La Brulade2017 - Red wine70€More infosAppellation : BandolGrape varieties : Grenache noir, MourvèdreStyle : Full-bodied redAppellation : BandolGrape varieties : Grenache noir, MourvèdreStyle : Full-bodied redok
- Domaine de La Bégude2019 - Rosé wine18€More infosAppellation : BandolGrape varieties : Cinsaut, Grenache noir, MourvèdreStyle : Rosé bioAppellation : BandolGrape varieties : Cinsaut, Grenache noir, MourvèdreStyle : Rosé biook
LocalisationDomaine de la Bégude, Route des garrigues, 83330 Le Camp du Castellet
Get my itinerary
The aromas of the Mourvèdre grape variety
From 2 to 15
Tasting of 3 wines of the estate: white, rosé and red... More
Tour and tasting
Discovery of the domaine de la Bégude winery
From 2 to 15
Enjoy a commented tasting of our red, white and rosé wines and a beautiful visit of the property, the barrel storehouse and the cellars... More